Spa and Salon Menu Revenue Analysis Manual
EMAIL NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBER DISCOUNTS^:
- Receive 15% off all our other Publications and eligible Packages
Subscribe now to receive the subscriber discount codes - they will be emailed to you immediately. Check your junk folder if you do not see our email.
ABOUT THE MANUAL
The Spa & Salon Menu Revenue Analysis Manual helps to identify how you may increase treatment revenue and minimise costs associated with unpopular treatments, by highlighting well performing treatments in terms of the number of treatments sold and revenue generated.
The results are automatically generated by pre-programmed formulae and presented into pre-formatted reports to enable you to quickly modify your menu to include the most popular and profitable treatments. You simply track the menu's performance by initially inserting some details about your business, then inserting the number of treatments sold per day, then your results will appear.
This Manual is also ideal for Spa Consultants who aim to help their clients increase revenue, reduce costs and perfect their offering.
There are two components of the Manual:
- A written Manual guides you through how to use the supporting spreadsheet and read the automatically-generated benchmark reports, plus provides advice on how to use the results to tweak your spa or salon menu to maximise revenue.
- The detailed Microsoft Excel spreadsheet automatically generates a collection of treatment revenue and sales benchmarks and reports as you input your data.
18 sheets in the spreadsheet contain a variety of Reports which will be automatically generated by the Excel spreadsheet once your data is inserted.
The Menu Dashboard contains the following Reports:
- Annual Menu Revenue
- Annual Menu Sold
- Menu Revenue by Month
- Menu Sold by Month
- Treatments Revenue by Month
- Treatments Sold by Month
- Services Revenue by Month
- Services Sold by Month
- Other Revenue by Month
- Other Sold by Month
The Benchmark Ratios Report presents 27 year-to-date and annual KPI's, including:
- Treatment & Service Revenue per Available Bed & Station
- Treatment Revenue per Available Treatment Room
- Treatment Revenue per Available Treatment Bed
- Service Station Revenue per Available Service Station
- Treatment Revenue per Available Treatment Room Hour
- Treatment Revenue per Available Treatment Bed Hour
- Service Station Revenue per Available Service Station Hour
- Menu Revenue per Employee
- Menu Revenue per Therapist & Aesthetician
- Treatment & Service Revenue per Therapist & Aesthetician
- Menu Revenue per Square Metre
- Menu Revenue per Square Foot
- Average Menu Price
- Average Treatment & Service Price
- Average Treatment Price
- Average Service Price
- Average Treatment Length
- Average Service Length
- Average Number of Treatments & Services Sold per Day
- Average Number of Treatments Sold per Day
- Average Number of Services Sold per Day
- Treatment Room Occupancy
- Treatment Bed Occupancy
- Service Station Occupancy
- Employees per Available Treatment Room
- Therapists & Aestheticians per Available Treatment Room
- Therapists & Aestheticians per Available Bed & Station
3 individual year-to-date and annual reports display results by Type eg. Massage versus facials versus nails:
- Menu Revenue by Type
- Menu Number Sold by Type
- Menu Number Hours by Type
13 additional year-to-date, monthly and annual reports include:
- Treatment Revenue Per Available Room by Month
- Treatment Revenue Per Available Bed by Month
- Service Revenue Per Available Station by Month
- Menu Revenue Per Employee by Month
- Menu Revenue Per Therapist & Aesthetician by Month
- Treatment & Service Revenue Per Therapist & Aesthetician by Month
- Menu Revenue Per Square Metre by Month
- Menu Revenue Per Square Feet by Month
- Average Menu Price by Month
- Average Treatment Price by Month
- Average Service Price by Month
- Average Number of Treatments Sold per Day by Month
- Average Number of Services Sold per Day by Month
To dive deeper, the Menu & Sales Input Sheet shows the following:
- Individual Menu Items Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Menu Type Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Total Menu Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Treatment Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Services Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Other Menu Items Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Total Menu Sales and Revenue per Day, Month, Year-to-Date and Year
- Individual Menu Items Hours Sold per Year-to-Date and Year
- Total Menu Hours Sold per Year-to-Date and Year
- Treatment Hours Sold per Year-to-Date and Year
- Services Hours Sold per Year-to-Date and Year
- Other Menu Items Hours Sold per Year-to-Date and Year
Two Action Plan Templates are included to help you set goals and prioritise activities in order to improve any benchmark result which indicates attention is recommended for specific areas of the spa or salon business.
Definitions of all the benchmark ratios and other calculations are provided to assist your understanding of benchmarking.
I'm currently developing additional versions for other common financial years, including July to June and April to March. These files will be added to this Manual's orders without additional charge.
The PDF Manual and the Spreadsheets are provided in both British English and USA English.
HOW TO USE THE MANUAL
Simply follow the steps in the PDF File provided and enter your treatments, prices and number of treatments sold per day into the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet and the Benchmark Reports will be automatically generated. Over time, you will see monthly and yearly performances of each treatment and treatment type.
I have always found Intelligent Spas' Manuals indeed relevant to spa operations, practical, very useful and helpful. I highly recommend them.
Thanks for your great work Julie.
Farida Brouwer, Founder & Managing Director, Salamander Lifestyle
Table of Contents
|1||How to Use this Manual||4|
|1.1||Copyright and Disclaimer||4|
|1.2||About Intelligent Spas||4|
|2.1||About this Manual||5|
|2.2||About the PDF Manual Document||5|
|2.3||About the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet||5|
|2.4||Feedback and Comments||6|
|3||Input Sheets and Pre-Set Formulae||7|
|3.1||Business Details Inputs||7|
|3.3||Number of Treatments Sold Inputs||10|
|3.4||Totals are Automatically Calculated||11|
|4||Benchmark Definitions, Reports and Analysis||13|
|4.2||Which Benchmarks to Use?||13|
|4.5||Benchmark Ratios Report and Formulae Definitions||16|
|4.6||Menu Revenue by Type||17|
|4.7||Menu Number Sold by Type||19|
|4.8||Menu Hours Sold by Type||20|
|4.9||Treatment & Service Revenue per Available Bed & Station||21|
|4.10||Treatment Revenue per Available Room by Month||21|
|4.11||Treatment Revenue per Available Bed by Month||22|
|4.12||Service Revenue per Available Station by Month||22|
|4.13||Treatment Revenue per Available Treatment Room Hour||23|
|4.14||Treatment Revenue per Available Treatment Bed Hour||23|
|4.15||Service Station Revenue per Available Service Station Hour||24|
|4.16||Menu Revenue per Employee by Month||24|
|4.17||Menu Revenue per Therapist & Aesthetician by Month||25|
|4.18||Treatment & Service Revenue per Therapist & Aesthetician by Month||25|
|4.19||Menu Revenue per Square Metre or Foot by Month||26|
|4.20||Average Menu Price by Month||27|
|4.21||Average Treatment and Service Price||27|
|4.22||Average Treatment Price by Month||27|
|4.23||Average Service Price by Month||28|
|4.24||Average Treatment Length||29|
|4.25||Average Service Length||29|
|4.26||Average Number of Treatments and Services Sold per Day||29|
|4.27||Average Number of Treatments Sold per Day by Month||30|
|4.28||Average Number of Services Sold per Day by Month||31|
|4.29||Treatment Room Occupancy||31|
|4.30||Treatment Bed Occupancy||32|
|4.31||Service Station Occupancy||32|
|4.32||Employees per Available Treatment Room||32|
|4.33||Therapists & Aestheticians per Available Treatment Room||33|
|4.34||Therapists & Aestheticians per Available Treatment Beds & Stations||33|
|5||Action Plan Templates||34|
|5.1||How to Use the Action Plans||34|
|5.2||Benchmark Action Plan - Table Format||34|
|5.3||Benchmark Action Plan - Line Table||35|
|6.2||Customised Spreadsheets and Benchmarking Reports||36|
|6.4||Performance Enhancing Publications||37|
Pricing is based on 3 Different Business Type User Licenses
- Single Location or Bulk Quantity Locations
- Headquarters or Regional Offices
- Professional Consultants
Choose your relevant Customer Group Type in the drop down box to view correct pricing and complete your purchase. Definitions and terms may be viewed here.
Contact us for bank details if you prefer to pay by bank transfer.
Discount codes - newsletter subscribers receive 15% off standard prices. Check our Promotions page for other available discounts. Insert the discount code at checkout and click 'apply' before moving to the payment page.
Refunds are not available because the publications are delivered in electronic format. A range of information, including publication descriptions, detailed table of contents, sample pages, testimonials, news articles, plus responsive customer service are provided to assist your decision to purchase. If you have any additional questions, please contact us via the link in the footer.
Electronic Delivery of Publication Files
The publication file(s) may be accessed immediately after the online payment is successfully processed or once funds are deposited into our bank account. Refer to the automatic email sent to you for download instructions. Check your junk folder if our email is not in your inbox.
As a business to business website, we require your company name and business email address to correctly register the copyright of the publications. If you are a student, simply insert 'Student at university/school name" in the company field. Please provide these details when prompted to avoid unnecessary follow up.
Frequently Asked Questions may be viewed via the link in the footer.
Terms of Purchase, Privacy and Copyright may be viewed via the link in the footer.
Julie Garrow developed a mission in 2001 to assist spa owners, managers and employees provide seamless spa experiences to their valued guests, after realising via consulting and mystery shopping projects, new spas in particular, were not operating efficiently and delivering the promised level of relaxation. Her consulting career in hospitality and leisure in the late 90’s led her to specialise in the spa sector when it was still a very young industry and Julie founded Intelligent Spas to author a range of publications which spas could easily reference and implement in order to improve their performance and service delivery.
Julie initiated a partnership with Maggie Gunning, an experienced spa director and consultant, to develop a range of international standard, Spa Operating Policies and Procedures Manuals, resulting in detailed and practical guidelines spa owners, managers, and employees require to support an efficient business, whilst delivering consistently high service standards. The manuals have been updated and refined over the years as the industry has matured. Julie and Maggie have teamed up again to provide quality spa treatment manuals for new and existing spas.
In 2009, Julie was awarded the "Distinguished Industry Leader" title in The Crystal Awards Asia Pacific, which was nominated by industry peers to acknowledge and reward an individual who has made a positive contribution to the spa industry.
Prior to establishing Intelligent Spas, Julie represented major organisations such as PricewaterhouseCoopers Hospitality and Leisure Consulting (Singapore), Southern Pacific Hotels (Sydney) and KPMG Tourism and Leisure Consulting (Melbourne). Julie graduated with a Bachelor of Business specialising in Tourism, Management and Marketing. Julie is from Australia and currently resides in Singapore with her husband and business partner, Stu and their son, Conrad.