Singapore, May 2015 – Intelligent Spas has released results of 15 new Spa Market Overview Reports across the four global regions. These new reports contain up-to-date information about each city or country marketplace, including:
• Listings of recent openings, closures and spas under construction;
• Local, regional and international spa and hotel brands operating in the market;
• The number of spas by spa type;
• Spa infrastructure such as average spa size and number of treatment rooms; plus
• The proportion of spas promoting key supporting facilities such as relaxation rooms, plunge pools and steam rooms.
"Here's a sneak peak of some of the latest market findings,” stated Julie Garrow, Managing Director of independent research company Intelligent Spas:
- Brazil: Four spas have recently opened
- Toronto: Day spas and salon spas collectively represent 71% of the market
- Miami: Resort spas are over three times the size of hotel spas on average
- Los Angeles: Medical spas represent 8% of the market
- Bangalore: Two hotel spas are under construction and plan to open within the next 12 months
- Guangdong: 98% of spas are in hotels and resorts
- Shanghai: 35% of spas are operated by local chains
- Singapore: 64 local spa brands operate 3.8 locations on average
- Melbourne: 27% of the day spas promote a relaxation room
- London: 47% of spas use a spa brand name
- Paris: Salon spas make up 36% of the market
- Switzerland: 12 international hotel brands operate 15 spas collectively
- Cape Town: 14% of city’s spas are in resorts
- Johannesburg: Hotel spas are 1,522 square metres on average
- Morocco: 33% of spas are operated by international hotel brands
The full reports are available for purchase and immediate download at www.IntelligentSpas.com.
SUBSCRIBE HERE to receive future News Releases from Intelligent Spas
About Intelligent Spas
Intelligent Spas provides 'performance enhancing' publications for the spa industry, via actionable research and detailed operations and training manuals, which are available for immediate download and starting from just US$30. Intelligent Spas is the only independent research company specialising in the spa industry which provides consistent, reliable research globally.
Visit IntelligentSpas.com to view all available spa industry publications and sign up for our email newsletter to receive a summary of the latest survey results and a 'subscriber-only' Discount Code to receive 20% off latest releases.