Recently, I was excited to see magazines back in my local salon - the first time in a couple of years and a welcome sign we are pretty much back to normal. Plus, after several mystery shops this year, another topic I feel important to discuss is maintenance...
These Ambience Procedures, the related Supporting Items and the Process Map above, are included in our collection of Spa and Salon Operations Manuals and Spa Consultant ToolKits, and may also be applied to wellness centres, clinics, hotels and gyms.
Ambience - Reading Materials
If your business is re-introducing ambience items such as reading materials, it is wise to re-visit, update and/or create, policies and procedures around those activities so the following considerations are agreed upon and applied:
- What reading materials are appropriate to your business today?
- Do you have an approved list of reading materials?
- What Policies and Procedures are required to provide and update these reading materials?
Ambience - Maintenance
During a number of mystery shops this year, a common maintenance issue was related to simple plumbing - taps in the bathrooms have been leaking or don't work and/or are rusty, plus the same goes for bathrooms in some hotels I've stayed at.
Seeing this lack of maintenance puts a dampener (pardon the pun!) on the customer experience. Why are these issues not fixed quickly when it is generally an easy and not very expensive replacement and/or repair? I appreciate cash flow issues may have been a problem during the pandemic, but in order to generate more visits and revenue, I believe prioritising client-facing items is imperative to ongoing loyalty and positive reviews.
- How often do you check for maintenance issues?
- How are maintenance issues reported in your spa, salon, centre, clinic, hotel or gym?
- What Policies and Procedures are required to ensure customers and guests are not exposed to, or risked by, maintenance issues?
Email newsletter subscribers receive 15% off all our existing publications, including:
- Spa Operations Manuals
- Spa Management Manuals
- Spa Treatments Manuals
- Spa Sessions Manuals
- Spa Industry Research
- and all eligible Packages.
Subscribe here to receive the current discount code and future benefits. You may unsubscribe at any time via a link in each email newsletter footer.
Other Helpful Links