Singapore, July 2015 – Intelligent Spas has released new Spa Market Overview Reports for each Member State of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in the Middle East region. The research findings enable industry players to plan and justify investments via updated, quantifiable metrics and may be used to improve market position, performance and penetration within the spa industry. These unique reports are available for immediate download from less than US$50 per report^, making industry data affordable for the whole community.
Julie Garrow, managing director of independent research company Intelligent Spas, stated “I really enjoyed conducting these detailed studies to examine the types of spas currently operating within the GCC area and confirm which spa and hotel brands are represented in each Member State. I believe the research findings will enable existing and new stakeholders to make smarter decisions relating to their financial initiatives.”
Some of the findings are listed below:
Middle East/Africa - Gulf Cooperation Council:
- Dubai: 52 international hotel brands are operating spas in the market
- Abu Dhabi: Local spa brands operate three branches on average
- Five Emirates: 45% of all spas in the collective Emirates of Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain are in resorts
- Bahrain: 67% of club spas promote a plunge pool or Jacuzzi for guest use
- Kuwait: Hotel spas contain 15 treatment rooms on average
- Oman: Seven new spas have opened since March 2014
- Qatar: 66% of spas are in hotels and resorts
- Saudi Arabia: Branded hotels and resorts contain 56% of the market's spas
Report Package Discounts - save 10% off individual prices in addition to the subscriber-only launch discounts:
- GCC Reports Package: Includes individual reports for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Five Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia
- UAE Reports Package: Includes individual reports for Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Five Emirates
Also, new Spa Market Overview Reports now available for the other regions include:
- Jamaica: Branded spas represent 28% of the market
- Miami - updated: Six spas have opened and three spas have changed name since early 2014
- Ho Chi Minh City - updated: Day spas contain twice as many treatment rooms compared to hotel spas
- Moscow: There are 32 local spa brands operating 6.4 locations on average
The Spa Market Overview Reports feature:
• An update of new spas recently opened by open date;
• Spas now closed or stopped offering spa treatments;
• The number and proportion of branded spas(chains), by local, regional or international brand name; and
• The number and proportion of spas in branded hotels and resorts(chains), by local, regional or international brand name.
Other key statistics contained in the Report include:
• Number and proportion of spas by spa type;
• Average indoor spa size by spa type;
• Average number of treatment rooms by spa type;
• Average number of stations by spa type; plus
• Select support facilities offered by spa type.
The full reports are available for purchase and immediate download at www.IntelligentSpas.com and newsletter subscribers receive a 20% discount during the launch period.
News Media Representatives - SUBSCRIBE HERE to receive future News Releases from Intelligent Spas
About Intelligent Spas
Intelligent Spas provides 'performance enhancing' publications for the spa industry, via actionable research and detailed operations and training manuals, which are available for immediate download and starting from just US$30. Intelligent Spas is the only independent research company specialising in the spa industry which provides consistent, reliable research globally.